Let this Guru dispose of all your WordPress Migration problems
Imagine this scenario. You are settling in a new country. It is a good opportunity for you. You are, obviously very excited to start your new life. A magic fairy or saint comes along and promises to help you move all your belongings with a wave of a wand or hand.
Will you believe it?
If you are smart, you will start running in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, at of now teleportation and magical beings don’t exist in this real world. However there is something like this for your website.
Well, we live in a world of technological miracles. So much can be achieved these days at the click of a button.
WordPress plugins like Migrate Guru can cut down the steps to be performed when you want to migrate your website. Whatever the reason for migrations may be and there may be many, Migrate Guru can take care of it. Don’t worry, and let Migrate Guru do all your work for you.
Migrate Guru is a free, fully automated WordPress migration plugin that is easy to use, fast, and reliable. Move any WordPress site, or multisite network, to a new host without the headache normally associated with such tasks.
Migrate Guru simplifies website migration by minimizing the technical knowledge requirements from users’ side. It also duplicates WordPress sites without any manual work, add-ons, or additional tools. It automatically rewrites URLs, bypasses import-export scripts, and handles serialised data.
Migrate Guru is different from other WordPress migration plugins because it uses a simple 1-step process. In this way, it doesn’t overload the source website, and ensures that websites as large as 200 GB can be moved without any issues.
It runs on BlogVault servers. It copies the site in question on to their external servers, and utilizes these servers’ resources to move the site. As a result, it bypasses the usual technical errors faced while using other migration methods.
Migrate Guru claims to have the following features and they sound really good. Let’s find out more.
One click Migration:
You can move 1 GB sites in less than 30 minutes. Enter host details and click Migrate. Literally all you have to do is click! Isn’t that easy?
No overload on source site:
The migration procedure works on their servers, so it doesn’t crash your site.
Large web site friendly:
Move or transfer sites as large as 200 GB easily.
No addons required:
You don’t need add-ons to move multi-sites, or sites with serialised data. You are not charged extra for anything either.
No Storage space needed
You can keep your storage for yourself, because Migrate Guru automatically copies your site to Migrate Guru servers. After the migration is complete, the copy is erased. Your privacy is retained, at no cost for their storage space.
Overall compatibility with all web hosts:
Move your site to and from any web host you want.
Built in Search and Replace:
Migrate Guru can comfortably handle serialised data with accurate Search and Replace algorithms placed for your convenience unerringly.
Real time notifications:
You will receive real time email alerts to keep you up to the minute regarding the migration status.
Here’s the easiest step by step guide for Migrating or transferring WordPress site from one server to another in 5 minutes.
All you need are
- A domain with the new web host, with WordPress installed on it.
- Your destination server’s IP address (which can be found in your Bluehost cPanel)
- cPanel details
Note: It does not require any expertise. Only a basic knowledge of the server cPanel (i.e. backend) is sufficient.
Install Migrate Guru
To add Migrate Guru WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins and in that, go to Add New.
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin, Migrate Guru or a related descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen.
- Once you find Migrate Guru, you have to install to install it.
- Click Details for more information about Migrate Guru and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the Migrate Guru WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Alternatively, you can download Migrate Guru from here and install it by uploading it through WordPress dashboard or via SFTP. To know more about Installing Plugins click here.
Filling out the Migrate Guru migration form
The Migrate Guru plugin will give you a small form to fill up. The fields on this form are:
- Email: Enter your email address so that Migrate Guru can send you updates at the two different stages of the migration.
- Destination Site URL: This is the URL of the site (domain) you’ve set up on your new web host.
- Destination Server IP address: This is the server IP address of the site configured on your web host account.
To find these details, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your web host account and go to the menu bar displayed at the top of the
- Click on Hosting and choose cPanel.
- After you are done with this, you will find the destination server IP address in the left-hand
bar of the cPanel page.
- To retrieve your cPanel Username and password perform this step. The cPanel details are the details you use to log into your web host account. For the cPanel username, access the mail your web host would have sent you when you first signed up for an account. This email will contain your cPanel username. (The subject of the email would be ‘Welcome’). The cPanel password is set when signing up for web host service. It is the same password you use to login to your regular web host account.
Note: If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the Forgot password link from the login page. Your web host will then mail you a password reset link, which you can use to set a new password.
- Advanced Options: Click on this option ONLY if either the site being moved or the destination site are https:/‘ instead of http://.
Note: If the URLs of either one begin with ‘https://’, they are HTTP authenticated. If your web host domain’s URL is protected with HTTP authentication, you would have received an email with the validation credentials. These credentials can also be retrieved from the site’s server logs.
Now that you have all the required details, enter them in the Migrate Guru form. If you have any more doubts there is a Support and Help section over to the right.
Click on Migrate.
Congratulations! You are almost there already!
After you click Migrate button, Migrate Guru will send you an email notification confirming that the process of migration has begun.
Meanwhile, you will likely be taken to a screen that depicts the ongoing procedure of your website migration. A connection to this page can be found in the email notice sent to you. The screen will demonstrate some advanced chart once the migration starts. You don’t have to keep your program window open once the migration starts.
On the off chance that you don’t see this screen, or if the migration screen reloads with a blunder message, at that point chances are that something wasn’t entered effectively. Or, on the other hand, in the event that you just made your website, it might take a little time before Migrate Guru can interface with it. Revisit the headings above, and ensure each field is right, precisely and at that point retry.
Once the migration procedure is finished, you’ll get another email from Migrate Guru informing you about the effective migration.
You can view your new site by clicking on the Migrated Site button, which you’ll also receive a link to in your email alert.
With this simple process, moving or transferring sites as large as 200 GB is so easy, you will not believe your eyes!
To Recap: Simply enter your hosting details and click Migrate. That’s it!
Migration Plugin Price
What price? The plugin is absolutely, completely, one hundred percent FREE! You can’t complain now can you? This plugin does everything you need while making it so easy and you are not even charged for it.
Still did not get it? For a video tutorial, watch this!
If you have any queries you can contact the Migrate Guru team using their contact form at support page
Get Migrate Guru here.
With all the plugin choices accessible WordPress migrations, there is little explanation behind overworked site proprietors to migrate a site physically. The time and exertion spared and the significant peace of knowing your information is safe makes utilizing a plugin for migration a simple decision. Let this Guru take your troubles away!
If you have used Migrate Guru, what are your thoughts on it? Is there any other migration plugin that you always use and recommend? Let us know in the comments below!
Comments are closed.